I thought about having a dedicated page on my website for endorsements but decided to instead create & update a post—so here it is! Thank you all that have sent your kind words my way. If you would like to leave an endorsement, you can send it my way at email@example.com. Thank you.
Maxwell White makes my businesses run smoothly. My family owns two companies and Max runs the IT and websites for both companies. Max always finds an answer…and we have given him some sticky problems to solve. He has created apps, IT solutions, websites, etc…. all tailored to our companies. He is the ultimate team player. A man of integrity who I am honored to have on my team.Mark Bowser, President, Empowering Enterprises, Inc. and Vice President, Bright Corporation
Maxwell White helped my business flourish by providing me with all things IT. The new website that Max designed has increased my sales exponentially; he makes all his projects user-friendly. Max will stay in constant communication to ensure complete satisfaction with the products he creates and services he offers.
Max has been a mentor and someone I respect. He is a genuine person and will go to extreme lengths to make sure you succeed.Jennifer Peyer, Entrepreneur
Thank you for everything! You really helped to enlighten and focus me on organizing my thoughts before going public. I really appreciate your input and efforts.
Thanks again!Susan Finegan, Finegan Inspection Services
Transmission bills itself as a Fast, Easy, and Free BitTorrent Client- and that’s exactly what it is. It’s one of the first apps I install on a new Mac, I hear about it pretty often in forums and podcasts, and it’s got a pretty solid community behind it with a great team of developers. With that said, after a recent visit to the project’s website I thought that it could use a refresh—I thought “I can’t contribute much to the project’s repo, but this I could do”. So without further adieu, put briefly, here’s what went into my little day project:
Note: I’m sure that the folks at Stranded Design and Boolable are great, and I know that the site does what it needs to, but it seems neglected and I wanted to see what I could bring to it with a fresh coat of paint and a few odd and end improvements. Anything owned by Transmission is the sole property of Transmission I don’t claim to own any of it. This is for demonstration purposes.
- A fresh WordPress install with my own boilerplate setup to expedite editing the existing content and making it all more generally responsive
- Some IA cleanup; simplified menu and some of the pages for simpler UX
- Held onto the colors; that made the existing site really stand out to me
- Improved accessibility by adding title attributes to many of the links, set external links to open in a new tab, removed broken links that I saw, etc.
- I renamed the Add-Ons / Resources page to Companions
- Added larger text, larger images, and more white space to improve readability
- Added a dedicated contact page where visitors can mark the message as General or Security based. This way there’s 1 spot they see to contact and not several, semi-hidden email addresses
- Added some “quick links” to the footer globally
- Rewrote the Download page, now Downloads, with new icons and improved styling. I think I’m most pleased with the changes there.
- Added Simple SSL, Invisible reCaptcha, and WP Super Cache to handle always having SSL, to fight spam, and to improve load time
- Other odds and ends went into this, and I was going to list them all with a bunch of before and after photos, but I think it’d be easier to show you. If you have a minute, check these links out on both Desktop and Mobile to see the most dramatic differences:
Here’s the existing site: https://transmissionbt.com/
Here are a few scrolling screenshots of what I put together:
What do you think? What else could be improved? With more time there’s more I’d like to improve, myself.
Transmission, if you read this, I love the app. Let me know if you’d like an import file or if I can maybe help with anything.
To my clients,
I’ve recently made the investment to upgrade my web server. If you’re hosting a website with me, enjoy lower latency and higher performance. At no extra cost to you.
It’s important to me that your sites don’t just work, but work well, for you and your visitors. I think that this will help ensure that they do!
All the best,